Sunday, February 24, 2013

One Year And Counting

It is really hard to believe this, but exactly one year ago today I found out about the cancer (I guess I wasn't officially diagnosed until 2/28, but I didn't need the biopsy to know what it was). The past week has been quite emotional and I have had a few breakdowns, but today I have actually done well. I really am OK with everything, but all of the emotions and memories from one year ago are still so vivid that it really feels like yesterday.

As I reflect back on the past year a few things come to mind. One is how kind and generous you have all been. Everyone's kind thoughts and warm wishes really blew me away throughout the year. The other is strength. I believe we are all stronger than we think is possible, and this year I discovered my own inner strength. I often find myself saying "if I can make it through chemo, I can make it through anything". Once I am done with treatment in April I actually plan to get the word strength (with a pink ribbon) on the inside of my left foot.

I would like to switch gears now and let you all know that I plan to do the Susan G Komen 3 Day Walk in the Twin Cities this August. For those of you who aren't familiar with the event, my teammates and I will be walking 60 miles in three days in order to raise money to find an end to breast cancer. In order to participate in the event we each have to raise $2300, and we are asking for your help. Any donation is incredibly appreciated! You can click on the link below to see my site and make a donation. All I ask is that if you see that I have met my goal of $2300 then please donate to one of my team members (Julie Hatfield and Maureen Papciak). I have already started some of my training and I have a feeling my strength will really be tested in August!

(If you are friends with me on Facebook, we will be hosting a fundraising event this coming Tuesday so feel free to donate then if you are able).


Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Twin Cities 3-Day

No comments:

Post a Comment