Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My final treatment and the trip of a lifetime

I am very happy to report that I had my final treatment with Herceptin on Monday!  I haven't had any side effects from this medication so continuing the treatment hasn't bothered me, but it is a really great feeling to know that I am done. My chemo nurses have always been fantastic and I will definitely miss them. I actually teared up a bit as I was leaving the clinic and reflecting back on the past year.

My port removal is scheduled for Tuesday, April 30. It will be a simple procedure done under conscious sedation (I will be awake but pretty out of it). I have a follow-up with my oncologist in a few weeks and will continue to see her every three months for the next several years. I also have a 6 month follow-up with my dermatologist and will most likely have at least one more mole removed.

I won't be posting updates as often anymore, but I still have a few lifestyle posts planned out.

I also wanted to share that Derek and I recently took a 12 day vacation to New York City and Italy (Rome, Florence, and Venice). We had originally planned to be there for my 30th birthday in May but we found a deal for March that was too good to pass up. It worked out to be the exact same 2 weeks that I spent at home recovering from my mastectomy last year. It was a fantastic trip and a great way to celebrate turning 30 and 1 year cancer-free.





I want to thank everyone for all of your love and support over the past year. It is hard to truly express my gratitude in words. I also want to thank everyone who has donated for the breast cancer 3 Day walk in August. So far I have raised over $1600, but am I still short of the required $2300. You can click on the link below to donate. Any little bit helps!



Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Twin Cities 3-Day

No comments:

Post a Comment