Sunday, April 1, 2012

Post Op Day 2

March 16, 2012:

Good morning everyone! I am definitely I much better spirits today! I was able to get a decent amount of sleep last night which has made a big difference. I also haven't had any more nausea so I was able to eat dinner last night and breakfast this morning. I am still sore and moving pretty slowly, but I did walk around the halls for a while last night.
My breast surgeon called me this morning to let me know she will come to see me around 1130 and that I can go home sometime this afternoon. She also let me know that the final pathology came back and the nodes were still clear (sometimes they can appear fine initially but with special staining cancer cells can be found)!

Derek's mom will be leaving after I get settled at home, and my parents will be coming back up tomorrow morning and staying the rest of the weekend. I am very excited to be going home, but also a little worried about how much I'm going to be restricted. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't do well doing nothing, or having to rely so much on other people...but I KNOW that I'm going to have to get used to it.

Several people have expressed interest in visiting, and I would absolutely love that! I just ask that you call Derek's phone first or text me. So far I am fine texting but holding the phone to talk gets very uncomfortable.
Thank you again for your love and support and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment