Sunday, April 1, 2012

Post Op Day 8

March 22, 2012:

Well it has officially been over a week since my surgery now. It really feels like it was all just yesterday, but I am happy to be putting it even further behind me.

The past two days have been my best so far. I am taking naproxen just occasionally for pain during the day (I only took it twice today), but I still take my stronger pain medicine at night (mostly to help me sleep better). For the past two nights I have been able to sleep in bed again, and I have actually been sleeping well! I really feel that getting a good night's sleep has made a big difference in how I have been feeling lately. I am moving around the house without any problems and have been doing more for myself. It took me some time, but I was able to completely empty the dishwasher and put everything away this morning!

I had my first post-op appointment yesterday and my doctor feels I am healing nicely. I was really hoping to have my drains removed, but he said it is still too early. I have another appointment next Wednesday and they should come out then (they better, since I start back at work the next day)! I won't lie, I was pretty bummed out after the appointment, but Derek knew that taking me out for ice cream would make me feel better :)

Today I had a meeting with the two women who handle marketing for our clinic. In the next few weeks I will likely be discontinuing the caringbridge site and creating a blog instead. Most of you know that I had my own baking blog for about a year and a half, but I decided to stop that this past December. I am looking at starting this new blog  as an entirely new experience and feel that instead of causing me stress, it will most likely help me de-stress. Once everything is up and running I will post the address so you can all continue to follow my progress.

After that meeting I stopped in to the clinic and was able to see some of my co-workers, and had lunch with two of them. It really felt great to get out of the house and start to feel "normal" again. We have friends staying with us this weekend and will be seeing a lot of different people which I am really looking forward to as well.There is a group of us going to see The Hunger Games this weekend, which I have been looking forward to for months.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment