Sunday, April 1, 2012

Ready For The Big Day

March 13, 2012:

I started out the day with another visit with my plastic surgeon, Dr. Thao. He did all of his markings for surgery tomorrow (meaning he basically drew all over my chest with a sharpie). I wish I would have known that he was going to draw a line down the middle of my chest starting at the top of my sternum. The shirt I wore today didn't cover the top of the line and I felt like patients were staring at it all day. It was unbelievably hot in the office today so unfortunately my sweat smeared some of the sharpie onto the inside of my shirt, but I've learned not to be so bothered by the little things :)

The other news of the day is that my genetic test results came back and are negative (meaning the cancer is not caused by an inherited genetic mutation). I have mixed feelings about this...part of me was hoping for it to be positive so that I could have a definite cause for the cancer. The other part of me is relieved that no one else in my family will have to worry about having inherited the gene.

My fabulous co-workers are responsible for the highlight of my day...

I have had my eye on a particular Coach purse for a while now, but decided not to spend the money on it in light of everything else going on. This afternoon the entire office ambushed me at my desk and surprised me with the purse! I was so shocked and grateful that even now, thinking about it with a smile on my face, I have a hard time putting my feelings into words. Simply put, I work with an amazing group of people!

All of your phone calls, comments, emails, texts and messages have truly humbled and amazed me. I am sorry if I have not responded to each one individually, but please know that they do not go unnoticed. I feel good going into tomorrow knowing that so many people are thinking about me. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment